Wednesday 1 June 2011

The Blind Side

I guess I never revealed what a Blind Side actually is. For some people it might make a lot of sense, others who have seen the film starring Sandra Bullock about Michael Oher might have an understanding. But to others new to the game of American football I thought I would clarify what a Blind Side or to be Blind Sided actually means.

The Blind Side actually is the area outside the quarterback's vision. This is supposedly the most dangerous place for a quarterback to receive a tackle or a sack from a defender because he never has the opportunity to see the pressure coming.

Specific players on the offensive line are used to protect this side for the quarterback and it is the position the Baltimore Raven's Michael Oher plays.

Anyway I hope explains the term the Blind Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment